Women’s Sports Injuries
Kimberly J. Templeton, MD, Editor
Area of Focus: Sports Medicine
This monograph helps you manage and prevent sports-related injuries, for which there is increasing evidence of sex-based differences. Women's Sports Injuries addresses sex-based and gender-based differences in incidence, risk factors, and etiology and identifies areas for potential intervention or prevention. The conditions explored in this resource represent areas for continued investigation to reduce the risk of short-term and long-term effects of sports-related injuries.
Concise chapters provide insight regarding the treatment recommendations for each condition as well as how injuries occur differently in women than in men. Recognized experts in their respective specialties provide current concepts of management and offer advances, tips, and pitfalls related to the treatment of common injuries.
The Monograph Series draws on current literature to support diagnosis, initial treatment, and management decision making for specific orthopaedic conditions.
Subscribe and receive up to five timely and relevant volumes every year, immediately upon publication. And save $20.00 on each volume!
Email AAOS Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-626-6726 to subscribe and save $20.00 on each monograph!
People interested in this area have also bought:
- Orthopaedic Care of the Mature Athlete (05210)
- Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Sports Medicine 4 (02989)
- Standing Room Only: Sports Medicine: Knee Injuries in Athletes (05207)
- The Athlete's Ankle Volumes 1 and 2 (DVD-ROM): A Virtual Fellowship Interactive Multimedia Program (02887)
- The Athlete's Elbow (DVD-ROM): A Virtual Fellowship Interactive Multimedia Program (02767)
Other Products in this Series:
- Adult Consequences of Pediatric Orthopaedic Conditions (05310)
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: Evolving Concepts (05373)
- Disorders of the Proximal Biceps Tendon: Evaluation and Treatment (05384)
- Femoroacetabular Impingement (05348)
- Gunshot Wounds (05206)
- Hand and Wrist Arthritis (05400)
- Insufficiency Fractures (05388)
- Management of Glenohumeral Arthritis in the Active Patient (05311)
- Management of Limb-Length Discrepancies (05202)
- Pitfalls in the Management of Common Shoulder Problems (05052)
- Principles and Techniques in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty (05255)
- Shoulder Arthroplasty (05254)
- Shoulder Instability: Current Concepts (05053)
- Surgical Management of Articular Cartilage Defects in the Knee (05054)
- Surgical Management of Pediatric Long-Bone Fractures (02941)
- The Athlete's Elbow (02924)
- The Young Adult With Hip Pain (02874)
- Total Ankle Arthroplasty (05387)
Search the Store
More Search Tools
Featured at the Store
- OKU 11 text + Scored and Recorded OKU SAE + OKU 11eBook bundle
- OKU 11 eBook + Scored and Recorded OKU 11 SAE bundle