Women’s Sports Injuries
Kimberly J. Templeton, MD, Editor
Area of Focus: Sports Medicine
*For the eBook version of this product, click here.
This monograph helps you manage and prevent sports-related injuries, for which there is increasing evidence of sex-based differences. Women's Sports Injuries addresses sex-based and gender-based differences in incidence, risk factors, and etiology and identifies areas for potential intervention or prevention. The conditions explored in this resource represent areas for continued investigation to reduce the risk of short-term and long-term effects of sports-related injuries.
Concise chapters provide insight regarding the treatment recommendations for each condition as well as how injuries occur differently in women than in men. Recognized experts in their respective specialties provide current concepts of management and offer advances, tips, and pitfalls related to the treatment of common injuries.
The Monograph Series draws on current literature to support diagnosis, initial treatment, and management decision making for specific orthopaedic conditions.
People interested in this area have also bought:
- Orthopaedic Care of the Mature Athlete (05210)
- Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Sports Medicine 4 (02989)
- The Athlete's Ankle Volumes 1 and 2 (DVD-ROM): A Virtual Fellowship Interactive Multimedia Program (02887)
- The Athlete's Elbow (DVD-ROM): A Virtual Fellowship Interactive Multimedia Program (02767)
Search the Store
More Search Tools
Featured at the Store
- OKU:Foot & Ankle 5+Advanced Reconstruction Foot & Ankle 2 Package
- Monograph Shoulder and Elbow eBook Package