Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Shoulder 2nd Edition
Dan Guttmann, MD, and Andrew S. Rokito, MD, Editors
AAOS Members and Residents: See your exclusive price when you Log In or Add To Cart.
Or call 800-626-6726.
AAOS Members on Active Military Duty: Order at 800-626-6726 to receive your exclusive price.
Start every orthopaedic procedure with a safe surgical exposure.
Area of Focus: Shoulder & Upper Extremity and Resident Information
Video illustrations of all conventional shoulder surgical exposures. Anterior exposures include anterosuperior, rotator cuff, axillary, latarjet, bankart repair, capsulolabral reconstruction, and deltopectoral for shoulder arthroplasty. Posterior exposures include the posterior approach, suprascapular nerve approach, and posterior exposure for capsulolabral reconstruction. Describes indications, reviews neurovascular structures, and presents shoulder anatomy in detail.
Review the anatomy, necessary equipment, instrumentation, and patient positioning techniques, and surgical steps to safely gain adequate exposure of the shoulder. Identify the indications and contraindications for anterior and posterior approaches to the shoulder. Learn pearls for achieving superior visualization while minimizing bleeding and protecting nerves.
Successful completion of this independent study program provides you with the knowledge to:
Exposures for a variety of procedures are presented in detail, including:
Pitfalls of Anterior and Posterior Shoulder Reconstruction
About Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery:
Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery is a one-of-a-kind resource to that gives you a clear view of the anatomy so you can confidently perform a wide range of approaches to accomplish many procedures.
Whether you are performing arthroscopic or open surgery, understanding the anatomy relevant to the procedure can help keep you out of trouble. Before your next procedure, review and improve your understanding of the anatomy. Observe from an unparalleled birds-eye view, as expert surgeons identify and navigate surface and deep tissue landmarks and explain the relationships between various anatomic structures.
This activity has been approved for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. This enduring material can help fulfill the CME requirements mandated by the ABOS Maintenance of Certification (MOC™) process.
- Doody's Review
This review is published by Doody Enterprises, Inc., the premiere provider of expert reviews of medical books and software.
People interested in this area have also bought:
- Arthroscopic Surgical Techniques: Anterior Glenohumeral Instability (02947)
- Patient Education Booklet: Shoulder Surgery (03123)
- Surgical Techniques in Orthopaedics: Total Shoulder Arthroplasty 2 (05074)
Other Products in this Series:
- Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Ankle 2nd Edition (02856)
- Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Elbow (02575)
- Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Hand (02717)
- Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Hip (02718)
- Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Knee, 2nd Edition (05219)
- Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Pelvis (02723)
- Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Spine 2nd Edition (05067)
- Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Wrist (02549)
Search the Store
More Search Tools
New to the Store
- New! AAOS eBooks website launched and open
Preview, Share, Shop - check regularly for additional titles
- Atlas of Essential Orthopaedic Procedures
- Advanced Reconstruction Elbow and Advanced Reconstruction Shoulder Package
- OKU 10 + Comprehensive Orthopaedic Review Package