Practice Management Center
Experiencing AAOS videos requires flash player. Download and install Flash Player
- What is Meaningful Use?
- HIPAA Compliance Documents
- Principal Strategic Options for Orthopaedists to Remain Independent in our Rapidly Evolving Health Care System White Paper
ICD-10-CM: By the Numbers is a ten-program series co-sponsored by the AAOS and Karen Zupko & Associates Inc. The AAOS Practice Management Committee and the AAOS Coding, Coverage and Reimbursement Committee provided oversight for the project.
The first program in the series, Introduction: ICD-10-CM Architecture & Structure, Osteoarthritis, Joint Pain, walks you through the basics of the ICD-10-CM code structure and demonstrates how to correctly apply ICD-10-CM codes to clinical cases. Additionally, this program introduces the first set of specific orthopaedic diagnosis groups, osteoarthritis and joint pain, to demonstrate how to apply the new coding concepts.
The modules have two purposes; first as a training program to educate anyone responsible for diagnosis coding how to correctly apply ICD-10 coding principles and to demonstrate the importance of anatomic specificity in patient documentation for accurate coding of the most common orthopaedic diagnoses in each orthopaedic specialty area.
Once you view the introductory program you are prepared to apply your knowledge and move on to any of the remaining nine, anatomically site-specific and specialty focused, modules!
ICD-10-CM: By the Numbers
- Introduction: ICD-10-CM Architecture & Structure, Osteoarthritis, Joint Pain
- Sports: Torn Meniscus (Traumatic and Non-Traumatic, Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury, Joint Contusion
- Hand: Tendon Injury (Traumatic and Non-Traumatic), Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Trigger Finger, Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Shoulder & Elbow: Rotator Cuff Tear (Traumatic and Non-Traumatic), Lateral Epicondylitis, Impingement Syndrome
- Adult Reconstruction Hip/Knee: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Chondromalacia, Mechanical Complications of Implants
- Spine: Back Pain (Chronic) Back Strain (Acute), Spinal Stenosis, Herniated Disc
- Foot & Ankle: Achilles Tendon Rupture (Traumatic and Non-Traumatic), Hallux Valgus, Hammer Toes, Plantar Fasciitis
- Pediatric Orthopaedics: Scoliosis, Osteochondrosis, Cerebral Palsy, Salter-Harris Fractures, Slipped Femoral Epiphysis
- Fractures (Traumatic): Documentation Explosion and Details from the 7th Character
- Fractures (Fragility): Documentation Explosion and Details from the 7th Character
The purchase price includes unlimited access to all ten modules on demand! You will be notified by email when each new module becomes available for viewing. The purchase price allows anyone from the practice to access the modules.
Faculty: Margaret M. Maley BSN, MS
- AAOS Member Advantage Program
- Electronic Medical Records Resources*
- ICD-10 Resources*
- Medicare Audits 101
- AAOS Primers
- Practice Evaluation Inventory - Find the right practice with this hands-on tool*
- Contact the Practice Management Center Editor*
(* Login Required for Access)
Coding & Reimbursement
- Committee Rosters
- Pay Dues & Account Information
- Physician Job Placement
- CME Transcripts
- Learning Portfolio
- Committee Appointment Program (CAP)
- Build Your Own Web site
- AAOS Member Advantage Program
- Member Alerts
- Disclosure Program
- Rx for Patient Education