Education Courses and Webinars
- 2015 Annual Meeting – Practice Management Seminar for Practicing Orthopaedic Surgeons – View the Practice Management Seminar Agenda
- 2015 Annual Meeting – Practice Management Residents Course – View the Residents Course Agenda
Navigating Physician Reimbursement in 2015 – a four webinar series presented by the members of the AAOS Practice Management and Health Care Systems Committees. One fee registration will cover the four live webinars and unlimited on demand access to the recordings! Purchase price for the series: $199.00 for members; $299.00 for non-members.
- Webinar#1 – held on January 6, 2015 – Unlocking Meaningful Use: Keys to Successful Reporting – Recording included
- Webinar #1 features Meaningful Use experts who discussed Stage 2 Meaningful Use requirements and the new proposed timeline, and how it affects providers at different stages of participation and step-by-step instruction to successful reporting.
- Webinar #2 – held on January 27, 2015 – PQRS, the Physician Value-Based Modifier, and CMS’s Proposed Elimination of Global Surgical Payments – Recording included
- Webinar #2 features the Physician’s Quality Reporting System (PQRS). PQRS is the Medicare required system for measuring patient outcomes and quality. Orthopaedists must participate in this program in 2015 or risk reimbursement reductions in 2017. This webinar will focus on the fundamentals of the PQRS system and educate orthopaedists on its use and implementation in their practice.
- Webinar #3 – March 17, 2025 – Hospital Consolidation, Employment and Co-management
- Webinar #4 – May 12, 2015 – Finding Value in Value Based Payment Models
ICD-10 Lecture Series
ICD-10-CM: By the Numbers is a ten-program series co-sponsored by the AAOS and Karen Zupko & Associates Inc. The AAOS Practice Management Committee and the AAOS Coding, Coverage and Reimbursement Committee provided oversight for the project.
The first program in the series, Introduction: ICD-10-CM Architecture & Structure, Osteoarthritis, Joint Pain, walks you through the basics of the ICD-10-CM code structure and demonstrates how to correctly apply ICD-10-CM codes to clinical cases. Additionally, this program introduces the first set of specific orthopaedic diagnosis groups, osteoarthritis and joint pain, to demonstrate how to apply the new coding concepts.
The modules have two purposes; first as a training program to educate anyone responsible for diagnosis coding how to correctly apply ICD-10 coding principles and to demonstrate the importance of anatomic specificity in patient documentation for accurate coding of the most common orthopaedic diagnoses in each orthopaedic specialty area.
Once you view the introductory program you are prepared to apply your knowledge and move on to any of the remaining nine, anatomically site-specific and specialty focused, modules! ICD-10-CM: By the Numbers:
- Introduction: ICD-10-CM Architecture & Structure, Osteoarthritis, Joint Pain
- Sports: Torn Meniscus (Traumatic and Non-Traumatic, Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury, Joint Contusion
- Hand: Tendon Injury (Traumatic and Non-Traumatic), Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Trigger Finger, Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Shoulder & Elbow: Rotator Cuff Tear (Traumatic and Non-Traumatic), Lateral Epicondylitis, Impingement Syndrome
- Adult Reconstruction Hip/Knee: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Chondromalacia, Mechanical Complications of Implants
- Spine: Back Pain (Chronic) Back Strain (Acute), Spinal Stenosis, Herniated Disc
- Foot & Ankle: Achilles Tendon Rupture (Traumatic and Non-Traumatic), Hallux Valgus, Hammer Toes, Plantar Fasciitis
- Pediatric Orthopaedics: Scoliosis, Osteochondrosis, Cerebral Palsy, Salter-Harris Fractures, Slipped Femoral Epiphysis
- Fractures (Traumatic): Documentation Explosion and Details from the 7th Character
- Fractures (Fragility): Documentation Explosion and Details from the 7th Character
The purchase price includes unlimited access to all ten modules on demand! You will be notified by email when each new module becomes available for viewing. The purchase price allows anyone from the practice to access the modules.
Faculty: Margaret M. Maley BSN, MS
Past Webinar Recordings Library
- Clinical Documentation Strategies for Orthopeadic Surgeons
- Master ICD-10 Coding for Orthopaedic Coders
- Make Sure You Get Paid on October 1, 2014 - ICD-10 Readiness
- Strategic Physician Alliances: Recent Orthopaedic Experiences
- "It's Not 'How to Find a Job!' - It's 'How to Find a Life!"*
(* Login required for Access)
Coding & Reimbursement
- Committee Rosters
- Pay Dues & Account Information
- Physician Job Placement
- CME Transcripts
- Learning Portfolio
- Committee Appointment Program (CAP)
- Build Your Own Web site
- AAOS Member Advantage Program
- Member Alerts
- Disclosure Program
- Rx for Patient Education